[MPlayer-users] Illegal instruction crashes (SVN revs 26753 and 25993)

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sun May 18 17:49:58 CEST 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008 15:10, Tobias Jakobi wrote:

> I'm going to try a SVN build anyway, but if I understand you
> correctly I don't need to pass the --disable-sse options to the
> configure script IF I'm building the binary on the system where the
> binary should be used, right?

Right. Note that gentoo can force SSE on anyway, overriding MPlayer's
configure, if gentoo thinks that it should. It's very easy to shoot
yourself in your foot with gentoo once you start changing use flags ;-)

There should be a gentoo command to display the current settings, I've
seen it once, but as I don't use gentoo myself I can't check.