[MPlayer-users] problem compiling mplayer from svn

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 17 18:17:58 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 12:04:34PM -0300, Pablo De Napoli wrote:
> I want to report a problem compiling mplayer from svn  (at revision 26794)
> [in fact, I'm generating a debian package via debuild -uc -us -i -b ]
>
> Here are the error messages:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/media/hda2/pablo.new_home/svn/mplayer/libavcodec'
> cc -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -I.. -I.. -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -I. -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT

These do not seem to compiler flags as created by MPlayer's configure.
If I am right with this, as stated in multiple places, compilation failures
in that case are completely normal then and your and only your problem,
though in the unlikely case you know of a way to avoid them without
slowing down MPlayer (esp. not without the user being able to know
that): patch welcome.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger