[MPlayer-users] lavf Seg Fault

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat May 10 00:25:07 CEST 2008

Pedro A. Aranda wrote:
> Larry Reznick <lreznick <at> idistream.com> writes:
>

>> Thanks, Corey. That patch is definitely the problem. Commenting that
>> code section out is sufficient to get the muxing working again.
>>
>> It seems to me that this patch should be backed out until someone can
>> prove the correct way to setup data structures before the url_seek()
>> call. As the patch indicates, the prior code didn't have this segment.
>> There must be some reason why opening requires a rewind, which is what
>> this seek appears to try to do.
>>
>> --Larry
>>

> I agree that the patch has something to do, but when I try to transcode to mp4
> with the command
>
> mencoder -oac faac -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -ovc x264 -x264encopts \
> bitrate=1000:vbv_maxrate=1500:vbv_bufsize=2000:nocabac:level_idc=13:\
> global_header:interlaced -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 ../ladeux.m2p \
> -o ladeux.mp4

If there's still a problem, it would be nice if you would try to
simplify this command a little. Chances are that most of those options
are irrelevant to the segfault you're seeing. This would be nice to see:

$ mencoder -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=1000 -nosound -of lavf \
../ladeux.m2p -o ladeux.mp4

...and if you still have a segfault, upload ladeux.m2p to
ftp://upload.mlayerhq.hu/ or a publicly-accessible server.

> after commenting out the code in avio.c it continues to segfault.

You did rebuild mplayer, right? Try `make clean && make` to be sure.

> After some
> debugging (without reverting that patch), I get lost. Anyhow here is a log
> of my work with gdb (compiling with --enable-debug). I hope it helps to
> debug this. Unfortunately, I'm too busy to chase this bug down myself :(

All I see there is (I think) you running into the expected segfault
because of ffmpeg r13061. If there's still another problem, you'll need
to revert r13061 before finding it.

-Corey