[MPlayer-users] jog n shuttle hardware

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu May 8 03:17:09 CEST 2008

I am looking to get a jog and shuttle device for scrubbing - I would like to use
cinelerra, but anything that will give me a time or frame would be fine.

There are a few aspects to my quest:

cinelerra compatibility - I hear there is currently none.

I hear kino has it, but can't find any proof.

physical quality - not so much can it survive a drop or a shark attack, but I am
guessing there are ones that have a nice feel and work well, and maybe there are
crappy ones like a cheap keyboard.  I cant find any in the local stores, so I
can't just go in and play with a few.

so any advice would be welcome.

Carl K