[MPlayer-users] dxr3 osd on 16/9 aspect

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Fri May 2 19:48:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

On dxr3 tv-out, osd (e.g. osdlevel=3 or any other osd message, except
subtitles which I haven't tried) is displayed wrong on 16/9 aspect movies:

1. the size of osd is too big and it wraps around the screen. This can
be fixed with -subfont-autoscale 0 -subfont-osd-scale 20, but:

2. the font pixels are not contigious, so there is not enough detail to
display the text correctly - it shows only 5 rows of font pixels, apart
from each other (between the font pixel rows you can see the movie
playing), which of course are not enough to display the characters.

When the movie is in 4/3 aspect, osd works as expected.

To my understanding, mplayer decides to zoom somehow osd text on 16/9
movies and it does that wrongly.
Any ideas on how to get it fixed?

Costa