[MPlayer-users] dvd iso audio not decoding properly

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Fri May 2 01:34:10 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:17:51AM -0700, Corey Hickey wrote:

> I really do suspect it's an endianness problem... did you try my
> suggested test?
>
> -af format=s16le

thanks again for the solution.

any ideas why that option seems to be needed by one of my machines and
not the other?  both are running debian stable, and the same build of
mplayer (well, within a few hours svn checkout time perhaps).

differences are that one's a pII and the other's a athlonTB, so I suppose
some of the processor optimized code selection would be different.

also the sound hardware is different.  the machine which needs
the "format=s16le" is some cheap onboard chip and the one that
works without it is a sblive.