[MPlayer-users] dvd iso audio not decoding properly

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Thu May 1 03:47:29 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 06:44:09PM -0400, Charles philip Chan wrote:
> Robert Henney <robh at rut.org> writes:
>
> > I have a dvd iso that mplayer believes contains lpcm audio.  The video
> > plays fine but the audio decodes with a loud hiss and very little else
> > is audible.
>
> Hum. strange- I don't know why it is not working for you. The iso plays
> fine for me. I am not getting the hiss you mentioned and the Japanese is
> loud and clear. My mplayer version is dev-SVN-r26503-4.2.1 and FWIW,

just got chance to try the iso on one of my other machines and the audio
is fine there.  very odd.  the audio has always been fine when playing
other videos on the first computer with mplayer.

I wonder if the if the alsa driver on the first machine has an issue
with the high audio bitrate.  I must admit I play lots of downloaded
videos but can't recall playing any dvd iso before and it lacks a dvd
drive.

when I have access to the first machine again I'll try adding a filter
to remix to a lower bitrate and see if the audio becomes clear after
that.