[MPlayer-users] Configure options set for FLV encoding

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Mon Mar 17 14:17:40 CET 2008

John Brown wrote:

> Just for my information: Did mencoder2.tar.bz2 work for you?

No, it does not because you've stripped it of all external libraries, but I
need LAME to encode MP3 audio. Now I'm getting this error:

================><8===================
MEncoder dev-SVN-r26233-3.4.5 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7400  @ 2.16GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15,
Stepping: 6)
SSE2 supported but disabled
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

MPlayer was compiled without libmp3lame support.
-lameopts is not an MEncoder option

Exiting... (error parsing command line)

================><8===================

Though executable file size looks nice!

Can you help me with a configure command line for such case:

ALL Decoders + FLV Encoder + MP3LAME Encoder

My command line i here:
mencoder.exe %1 -o %2 -ofps 15 -of lavf -vf scale=240:180,harddup -ovc
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:keyint=15:vbitrate=192 -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:br=64:mode=3 -srate 22050 -af-adv force=1 >mencoder.txt 2>&1

Am I correct in my understanding that I need to use libavcodec (internal
library) for FLV video encoding? So, the only external library I need is
LAME? Or do I need any extra libraries for some decoders support?

Unfortunately --disable-encoders option does not reduce EXE file size. Is it
possible to reduce it somehow and leave all decoders in place?

Thanks.