[MPlayer-users] [Fwd: Missing PCM output]

Thomas De Reyck thomasdereyck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:02:59 CET 2008

-------Forwarded Message-------
> Van: Thomas De Reyck <thomasdereyck at gmail.com>
> Antwoordadres: thomasdereyck at gmail.com
> Aan: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Onderwerp: Missing PCM output
> Datum: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:00:35 +0100
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> For over a year now, i've been using a self made rip-script to make xvid
> backups of my DVDs. The script contains this command to convert the DVD
> audio to PCM audio:
>
> mplayer -dvd-device $DVDDEVICE dvd://$TITLE -hardframedrop -alang en -vc
> dummy -vo null -ao pcm:file=audio.pcm -af volume=10db,resample=44100
>
> This has always worked, until today. Suddenly (probably because of an
> update) mplayer stops converting the audio properly. It creates the
> audio.pcm file, but it doesn't fill it. It takes as much time as it used
> to though. When the command is finished, the file only contains about 4
> bytes.. The wave header, I guess.
>
> Can anyone please explain to me what is causing this behaviour?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Thomas De Reyck

Hi again,

I know it must be unusual to reply to my own message, but I find it very
strange that there is no-one on this list who seems to know what the
issue is, so I'm trying to bring this back to attention.. I apologize if
this is inapproriate or too forced..

Also, if more information is required, let me know and I will post it.

Thanks again,
Thomas De Reyck