[MPlayer-users] configure --disable-network fails on make

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Sat Mar 15 08:33:15 CET 2008

John Brown wrote:

> You can download my binary at:
>
> http://download.yousendit.com/ED8E8F5363B89E3D

Unfortunately your build is for P-IV only. Could you build it for this
minimal configuration?
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Otherwise it crashes on my P-III though works OK on Core2.

>> Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
>
> No. You don't need runtime CPU detection

OK, I understand your arguments. Could you explain it for me, what is that
magic command line which will compile it for this CPU config?
MMX + MMX2 + SSE
Of course, I need to compile it for Windows, therefore your "-linux" options
look strange for me.

One additional question: is there any easy way to run MEncoder and get at
its output the precompiled CPU config in a suitable form? Also is there any
option to run MEncoder to get current CPU flags? Now I'm getting GPF when I
try to encode on my P-III, though MEncoder does not generate any warnings
about CPU missmatch if I run it solely (with no options). It would be great
if it produced any recognizable message like "Improper target CPU".

Thanks.