[MPlayer-users] configure --disable-network fails on make

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Fri Mar 14 04:55:27 CET 2008

Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:

> "--disable-runtime-cpudetection" ???

I'm not sure I'm understanding what is it. In fact, what I need is just to
get MEncoder, compiled with the runtime CPU detection. because compiled on
my notebook would not work on older CPU's. At least earlier I already got
this effect.

I beleaved that cpu detection is made at compiletime by default. In my log
file I see appropriate lines concerning CPU detected. On the other hand I
see an explicit message when I use "--enable-runtime-cpudetection".
Therefore I thought that "--disable-runtime-cpudetection" just does no
matter. Am I wrong?

In general I tried several option combinations. All with the same bad final
result:

./configure --enable-static
Produces EXE which gives a runtime error (assertion failure) -- see my
another post.

./configure --enable-static --enable-runtime-cpudetection
The same as above

./configure --enable-static --disable-network
This just fails on make.

./configure --enable-static --disable-network --enable-runtime-cpudetection
The same as above

Thanks.