[MPlayer-users] ?Patch to allow vo=xv with Compiz

Wesley S. wesley at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 13 17:12:45 CET 2008

2008/3/13, andrew <andrew.david.45 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a patch either supported by mplayer, or has been committed
> to the svn mplayer at some stage, that allows vo=xv when running
> Compiz which I believe has been problematic?

The problem is that XVideo bypasses the AIGLX rendering architecture in its
current implementation (NVidia's own version and 'Xgl' don't have that
problem, although their implementation has a performance issue; DRI2 is
supposed to fix everything for AIGLX in the future...)

There is an unofficial patch for mplayer/compiz (it'll never be official,
it's more like a temporary and dirty hack) that makes XVideo work for the
most part, and adds a 'smooth zoom'. Read more here:
http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/10/18/unlocking-the-full-video-potential-of-your-video-card/

--
Wesley Stessens <wesley at ubuntu.com>
Human Knowledge Belongs To The World - Antitrust (2001)