[MPlayer-users] Missing PCM output

Thomas De Reyck thomasdereyck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:00:35 CET 2008

Hi Everyone,

For over a year now, i've been using a self made rip-script to make xvid
backups of my DVDs. The script contains this command to convert the DVD
audio to PCM audio:

mplayer -dvd-device $DVDDEVICE dvd://$TITLE -hardframedrop -alang en -vc
dummy -vo null -ao pcm:file=audio.pcm -af volume=10db,resample=44100

This has always worked, until today. Suddenly (probably because of an
update) mplayer stops converting the audio properly. It creates the
audio.pcm file, but it doesn't fill it. It takes as much time as it used
to though. When the command is finished, the file only contains about 4
bytes.. The wave header, I guess.

Can anyone please explain to me what is causing this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas De Reyck