[MPlayer-users] Cannot play a full screen

yh jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 14:15:34 CET 2008

On 2008-03-07 18:50-0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>yh wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I called mplayer to play a full screen, but it could only display a
>>video in a small screen. I've got following debug messages, but have
>>no clue on how to fix it. Any explanation of how should I fix it
>>please?
>
>Did you try '-zoom'?

Right, that works with the full screen, but the audio was jamed.

>>PS: If I don't use -vo x11, it displayed ghost images of the same
>>content repeated in three columns.

>What VO did you try instead?

I tried with xv and sdl, which started double column images.

I tried with xover, xvidix, no output of the video.

>What are your available options ('mplayer -vo help' should list them)?

mplayer -vo help
MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.1.0 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6,
Model: 8, Stepping: 3)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE
Available video output drivers:

  xv      X11/Xv
  x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
  xover   General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
  gl      X11 (OpenGL)
  gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
  dga     DGA ( Direct Graphic Access V2.0 )
  sdl     SDL YUV/RGB/BGR renderer (SDL v1.1.7+ only!)
  fbdev   Framebuffer Device
  fbdev2  Framebuffer Device
  xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)
  cvidix  console VIDIX
  null    Null video output
  mpegpes Mpeg-PES to DVB card
  yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
  jpeg    JPEG file
  tga     Targa output
  pnm     PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
  md5sum  md5sum of each frame

Do I need to upgrade libraries, or if it is a hardware problem?

Thanks The Wanderer.

Kind Regards,

Jim