[MPlayer-users] wrong encoding with delayed sound

Seweryn Walentynowicz seweryn at walor.torun.pl
Sun Mar 2 21:49:39 CET 2008

  I often use mencoder to encode movies clip for my home stationary player.
Always works fine. But now I'm having problem with encoding some
material originally in .rmvb format.
 I encode with this few options:

  mencoder -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:preset=128 -ofps 25 -ffourcc DX50
           -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1000

 nothing special. Output video works fine on mplayer, totem and other
player on computer, but when I play this movie on stationary player
audio is delayed permanently about 10 secs.
  As I wrote, I encode many movies with similar options and all works
fine on my stationary player. I don't have any idea why this one not
work. I put 2 minute sample ( about 10 MB ) of this file on:
  http://demo.dla.wszystkich.pl/movie1000_2min.avi
I don't see any skipped frames, bad index, big A/V correction in this
file when I play it on mplayer. So, what is bad in it, which lead to
delay audio on stationary player.
 Thanks for any suggestion...

--
       Seweryn Walentynowicz