[MPlayer-users] gmplayer memory corruption

Jan Sanchez janfsd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 15:36:33 CET 2008

Hi, I tried the latest svn ( and several others before that) and I got a
problem running gmplayer. Whenever I run it I get this memory corruption
error:

*** glibc detected *** gmplayer: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):
0x08b68c88 ***

I am attaching the backtrace and memory map that were automatically created.
When this error happens, I have to kill gmplayer process.
Mplayer just works fine, only the gui version has got that problem. I am
using Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy (32bit). Is this a known issue?