[MPlayer-users] Next rc or 1.0 anyone

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Fri Jun 27 10:16:38 CEST 2008

On Friday 27 June 2008 10:00:06 Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Thursday, 26 June 2008 at 21:20, Jerry Geis wrote:
> > > Is it not time for wrapping up a 1.0 release?
> > >
> > > 1.0 pre 1 was 2 years ago...
> > >
> > >  MPlayer-1.0pre1.tar.bz2
> > > <http://www3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0pre1.tar.
> > >bz2> 16-Feb-2006 05:34   4.0M
> > >
> > > rc2 was was 1 year ago
> > >
> > > MPlayer-1.0rc2.tar.bz2
> > > <http://www3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0rc2.tar.b
> > >z2> 07-Oct-2007 16:29   8.9M
> > >
> > > Joking: it should at least be time for a rc3
> > >
> > > I am not slamming any one or flaming or anything....
> > > Just curious as when actual 1.0 might come to life.
> >
> > It'll be ready when it's ready.
> >
> > You're welcome to become our release manager. I'm serious.
>
> What exactly would you want a release manager to do?
> I had a quick look at wikipedia, so I have a rough overview of
> things a release manager could do, but I have no clear picture of
> what would be appropriate for mplayer.
>
> Grs,
> Heinz

appropriate would be convincing people that mplayer is a
work in progress with absolutely no time schedule,
absolutely unpredictable and aperiodic evolutions, absolutely
no long term strategy and - consequently -
absolutely no-nonsensical release plan.
Just svn checkout and drop this MANIA of releases.
Releases are  plain stupid, no more no less.