[MPlayer-users] Is libmad really needed???

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Mon Jun 23 09:43:02 CEST 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 08:10:46 Pedro A. Aranda wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> thanks a lot for your reasoned answer. I perfectly well understand
> now what the implications are and have installed libmad. The _real_
> problem for me was, that even with FAAC'd audio, mplayer insisted
> on loading libmad and was complaining about it not being available.
> I have lately seen that mad is the default audio coded in
> /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf Could it be that mplayer insists in
> be to comment the audio codec line in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf ?
>
> Thanks a lot,/PA

-ac SOMETHING .
-ac help will show a list of available decoders.
Anyway, if your file contains AAC audio and mplayer wants to
use mad or some other mp2/3 audio decoder then most likely you
are playing an mpegts file without PMT, in which case -ac won't work
as expected.
Fix your mpegts including the PMT pid in it.