[MPlayer-users] simultaneou stream recording and audio extraction

Eric Damphousse edamphousse at thetdgroup.com
Thu Jun 19 15:13:51 CEST 2008

First off, what a really nice piece of software that is. I discovered this a week ago or so, looking for a way to record live streams coming from the internet. This works! Great job.

Now for my question. I did do the legwork trying to find an answer, so if I missed anything, please forgive me. I am trying to find a way to extract the audio portion of a stream I am recording while recording it. Simply put, I do not want to wait for the stream recording to be over before I start extracting the audio portion. Everything has to be done at once. Is that possible?

Thanks