[MPlayer-users] software for sticking together two video files

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jun 16 22:16:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 19:52 +0000, Jethro Tull wrote:
> Does anyone know any open source software to make video files stuck together. For example I have a film cut to fit on 2cd's, I would like to copy it as only one file to a DVD.
>
> I'm posting here because I'm wondering whether mplayer can do that.
<snip>
Hello, Jethro.  I'm quite the ignoramus when it comes to video and
receive much more from this list than I receive! There is probably some
easy way to do this with mplayer's sister product, mencoder, or with
something like ffmpeg.  However, my ignorant mind would immediately go
to an open source video editing package like cinelerra
(http://cinelerra.org/ or http://www.heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3 )
or kino.  If someone says something else, believe them - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com