[MPlayer-users] No audio, without error message, when playing MPEG4

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Mon Jun 16 17:27:10 CEST 2008

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [MPlayer-users] No audio, without error message, when playing MPEG4
  Date & Time: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:29:15 +0200

[Olle] == Olle Ahnlund <y97olle at hotmail.com> has written:

Olle> The output from ./configure says
Olle> Checking for FAAC (AAC encoder) support ... no (in libavcodec: no),
Olle> could this have something to do with the no sound issue?

Maybe.

Olle> (If I try to force FAAC, the compilation or install will not go through)
Olle> Or, do you suggest any specific playback configuration (that I did
Olle> not need to use before)?

Some files must be configured with --prefix=/usr.
Didn't you configure with --prefix=/usr/local?
In many cases, default option are set to --prefix=/usr/local.

HTH,

Regards, and good night,

---
  Masaru Nomiya       mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp