[MPlayer-users] Tearing problems - waiting for vsync doesn't work with vo_xv

Haakon Riiser haakon.riiser at fys.uio.no
Sun Jun 15 22:47:28 CEST 2008

[Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski]

> On Sunday, 15 June 2008 at 15:51, Haakon Riiser wrote:
> > I would like to do some regression testing on this one, but svn
> > doesn't work like I expected.  I thought I could get an old version
> > of mplayer by doing
> >
> >   svn up -r<revno>
> >
> > in the mplayer checkout directory.  It does work for the files that
> > are in the mplayer repository, but all external repositories are not
> > touched.  E.g., I don't get the corresponding version of ffmpeg.
> >
> > How can I tell svn to get me the ffmpeg version that was in place
> > when <revno> was commited?
>
> You have to check the date and run svn -r {date} in each of the external
> directories.

Did a test with the same svn snapshot I used before upgrading my
system.  That version did not have any tearing problems before I
upgraded to Fedora 9, but it does now.  That means this is _not_ a
regression in mplayer, and the problem must be caused by an
unwanted interaction between mplayer and something else on the
system. :-(

It would be nice to hear if anyone else is seeing the same problem,
or, if anyone else is using the same software setup I'm using
without getting the tearing problems.  Here's my system info:

Distro: Fedora 9 x86-64
NVIDIA driver: 173.14.05 (also fails with nouveau drivers)

By the way, I have installed this on two completely different
computers (aside from both using (different) NVIDIA cards).  They
both have the tearing problem.  It might be worth noting that in
this upgrade, I also changed from 32-bit to 64-bit for the first
time, so it might be that this problem only occurs on x86-64.

--
 Haakon