[MPlayer-users] latest mplayer+libdvdnav doesn't compile

Vladimir Komendantsky komendantsky at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 21:38:37 CEST 2008

Recently I upgraded both libdvdnav and mplayer to the latest svn
versions, 1094 and 27045, respectively, and as a consequence I cannot
compile mplayer. The compilation fails with the following:

mencoder.o: In function `main':
mencoder.c:(.text+0x35e4): undefined reference to `dvdnav_sid_from_lang'
mencoder.c:(.text+0x3e63): undefined reference to `dvdnav_aid_from_lang'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mencoder] Error 1

I'm attaching my config.h and config.mak. I hope someone would give me
an answer how to get around this error.

Also, it's quite strange that the latest make script forces building
dependency files *.d before such actions as clean or distclean. In my
case, executing "make distclean" resulted in creating the whole lot of
*.d files and then deleting them! Still, "make all" had to create
these files yet another time. Are dependencies really needed for
cleaning?

Best regards,
Vladimir