[MPlayer-users] CBR Problem with x264opts

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:29:12 CEST 2008

Ankit Jain pisze:

> Hi RC,
> i've already tried ratetol option with a value as low as 0.1,
> but with no change in the output
> stream.
> My bandwidth constraint is such that i can not deliver more than
> 2mbps output. so at the receiving end, i get breaking video in
> case of high motion scenes where stream bandwidth jumps to more
> than 3-3.5 mbps.
> I am looking for a combination of x264opts which will give me a
> constant local bitrate.

Search in mplayer documentation reasemblance of this shell x264 command
	--qcomp 0.0 (CBR, but when 1.0 it's CQP - def: 0.60)
	--vbv-maxrate (def = 0 - maximum integer local bitrate in kbps)
	--vbv-buffsize (def = 0, means CBR is disabled - integer vbv buffer
size in kbit, enabling CBR)

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/