[MPlayer-users] Trying to compile for different CPU.

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 19:12:32 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, <casty at centolos.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an small console linux distro running with pxe, and I'm trying to
> build an mplayer for it. The machine is a pentium-mmx and I'm using
> mplayer-1.0rc2.
>
> I'm trying to cross-build it from a core 2 duo.

--disable-mmxext --disable-3dnow --disable-3dnowext --disable-sse
--disable-sse2 --disable-ssse3

> These are my configure options:
>
> --enable-directfb --enable-fbdev (vbe.h was not included and I couldn't
> use vesa)

You probably could leave the above out. Your configure script should
autodetect those options, if you have
the proper files installed.  Use ./configure --help | less to see what's
autodetected and what is not.
It should show the default settings that configure will use. I only use
--enable-xxx , if a default setting
is set to off.

> --target=pentium --enable-mmx (Is this how I have to ask for a pentium
> build?)

You probably could leave the above out, also. After you disable all the
above CPU settings, the only thing
left is mmx. That should be left in automatically by the configure script.

> --disable-dvdnav --disable-dvdread (I had several problems with those 3...

--disable-dvdnav

I wouldn't use --disable-dvdread. You need it. Internal dvdread should be
detected.
I don't know why you want to disable dvdread unless you don't want to use
DVD's.
Having it enabled, shouldn't pose a problem.

> --disable-dvdread-internal         ...although I edited netinet/in.h file

When you start editing header files, you're asking for problems.

> --disable-vstream                  ...to avoid them (see 1))
>
> --enable-static (my distro lacked a lot of libs)
> --disable-xv --diable-gl     (but all those libs had problems with...
> --disable-fontconfig --disable-sdl  ...static linking)

I would leave all the above out of  the configure statement and just leave
--enable static

> --disable-sse --disable-cmov (I don't understand why do I need this as I
> claimed for a pentium build, but they was still marked on config.mak)

I would leave those two out, also

> Finally it compiled but crashed

I wouldn't doubt that. Again, I wouldn't mess with header files. Stick to
the
options on the configure script, unless you really know what you're doing.

> any advice?

Read the above.