[MPlayer-users] Jerky video when using -demuxer lavf

Ryan Steele rgsteele at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:02:16 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to play back a ripped HD-DVD using the latest SVN of
mplayer. The video is fine when it's using the default demuxer, but if
I try to use the lavf demuxer the video is jerky. (I've got another
copy of mplayer patched with E-AC3 support which requires the lavf
demuxer, which is why I need to use it, but I'm having the same
problem with my unpatched copy.) I'm running Ubuntu Hardy Heron x86_64
on a Core 2 Duo E8400, using the Intel GMA X3500 integrated graphics
on my motherboard.

Output of "mplayer -v -demuxer lavf -nosound
/home/ryan/Desktop/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.EVO": http://pastebin.ca/1036248

Output of "mplayer -v -nosound
/home/ryan/Desktop/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.EVO": http://pastebin.ca/1036272

I've tried viewing the sample.evo from the FTP and I'm seeing the same
issue, so it's not the file.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Ryan Steele - rgsteele at gmail.com