[MPlayer-users] mplayer for use with VLC streaming

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Jul 17 22:44:21 CEST 2008

I was trying to use mplayer (which I use all the time)
in connection with a streaming VLC server.

I can use the vlc server with no problem with the VLC client.
my command is:
/usr/bin/vlc -I dummy -V dummy --quiet --http-reconnect
http://192.168.1.176/img/video.asf --sout
#std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=:8103}

I then run mplayer http://serverip:8103 for mplayer to connect.
I get an initial picture but it is frozen.

The stream at 192.168.1.176 above is just a simple linksys WVC200 camera.

I SURE would like to use mplayer to play these streams.

Any idea why mplayer wound not continue to show the MP4 stream from the
camera and not stop?
I am using dev-SVN-r27249-3.4.6

When I point mplayer to the camera directly it plays it. However I want
to use VLC to stream so more than
one connection can view the camera.

Thanks,

Jerry