[MPlayer-users] avi created with mencoder stumbles with other video player

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Tue Jul 8 19:10:28 CEST 2008

Hello,

I created an AVI I got from onlinetvrecorder.com with the help of
mencoder, the command was:

mencoder DrHouse.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200:v4mv:mbd=1 -vf
kerndeint,scale=683:384,expand=683:512 -oac copy -ffourcc DX50 -o
test.avi

Now, something strange happens, when I play test.avi with
mplayer -vo gl2
everything is fine and the films plays smooth and fluently.

But, when I play it with Xine the very same film stumbles, plays jerky
and gives tons of this message:

video_out: throwing away image with pts 154241 because it's too old

I know, mplayer is fine, it may be a Xine related issue, but why is the
same film fine with mplayer? And it happens only specially with this
one film, all other movies made with mencoder do not produce this
message when played with Xine.

What does the message "throwing away image with pts..." mean? My OpenGL
setup is fine, no OpenGL issues...

If someone wants to see this affected movie, I could create a little
piece of it, say a few megabytes, the whole thing is

Thanx for any oppionion
System:
openSUSE 10.3 (32 Bit, Athlon XP 1800 Mhz)
nVidia GForce 6200, closed source driver 177.13 (latest beta)
Xine-lib 1.1.14
mplayer 1.0rc2-4.2.1