[MPlayer-users] "a52: CRC check failed!" when playing some DVDs

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 21:36:04 CEST 2008

Paul wrote:

> *snip*
 >
>>> % mplayer -version
>>> MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
>>
>> Too old, there has been a lot of work done on DVD play back in SVN.
>> For best results compile the SVN version of mplayer agaisnt the SVN
>> versions of dvdread and dvdnav from the mplayer SVN server.

Again, quoting corrected by hand. Before it was corrected, it looked as
if the above (from "Too old" onwards) was new text in your post. Again,
please fix your mailer to quote appropriately before continuing to post
here.

> Warning a bug in libdvdread autogen.sh claims that libtool >= 1.4.x
> is required.
> This is incorrect, the script has an error.

What makes you think that this requirement is not correct?

In any case, bugs in libdvdread should be reported to and discussed on
its mailing list (which I think is the same as the one for libdvdnav),
not here.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.