[MPlayer-users] Build for OS2008

Drew Kerwin drewkerwin at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 01:46:52 CEST 2008

Hello users,

I'm trying to make a build for the Nokia N810 tablet with OS2008. Mplayer1.0rc1 exists in a maemo repository, but RC2 does not. I was able to make the build on a linux machine (what type I don't know - it's remote login). The process had the output file "mplayer". I copied it to the N810, but it doesn't run - syntax error : "(" unexpected. I'm not sure why there is a syntax error at run time, but it exists none-the-less.

The build process I used is as follows:

$ echo $PATH
/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
$ export PATH=/usr/gnu/bin:/opt/csw/gnu:/usr/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
$ wget http://www8.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0rc2.tar.bz2
$ tar jxf MPlayer-1.0rc2.tar.bz2 && cd MPlayer-1.0rc2
$ ./configure
$ make all

The build seemed to work without error. The config.mak file is generated based on the machine you build on (running configure script), so I'm sure that the config.mak file is based on Red hat enterprise Linux AS release 3.

Anyway, I could use some help making the build. I hope this  is the correct email group.

Thanks,