[MPlayer-users] Blu-Ray

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:26:28 CET 2008

> playing the dumped TS files is different from playing the media

That's what I'd want to do, but then, in order to dump the media, mplayer
needs to be able to decode/decrypt it as required.

> Many times it works, but as soon a title uses some
> media-specific features (such as multi-angle in dvds) something
> won't work as expected

I'm sorely aware. I spent much of the latter half of last year creating an
application to allow some clients of mine to play back DVDs in a
professional-looking way, in a movie-theatre environment. Trying to present
all the options regarding title, language and subtitle selection to a lay
audience, with sufficient flexibility, was difficult.

But in the end, the way I have to make it work is to save the target title
onto hard disk then play back from there later, so all the issues with
title/angle/subpicture/audio selection are sorted out ahead of time.

Phil