[MPlayer-users] hwac3 vs ffape

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jan 29 00:00:39 CET 2008

Hi!

> Quapcio <quapcio <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > MPlayer can play DTS waves over spdif, but to play DTS_WAV (44.1 kHz) i
> > needed to compile version from svn - it works fine, but...
> > ... from this moment mplayer is unable to play APE files (Monkey Audio)
>
> Please provide uncut output from mplayer -v and upload sample to
> ftp://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/incoming

OTOH, I can confirm that current svn does not work for Monkey Audio
(http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/monkeyaudio/sh3.ape).

So, no, it's neither necessary to send complete output nor upload a sample.
If you want to help, please find the revision where playback broke: It did
work for rc2, AFAICT.

Thank you, Carl Eugen

PS: You do know that it's not necessary to install mplayer to use it, so for
the time being, you can have two mplayers, one for hwac3, one for ffape.