[MPlayer-users] fedora 8 and mplayer

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 00:00:28 CET 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 5:56 PM, Samuel de Champlain <samueldechamplain at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since I installed Fedora 8 on my laptop, I can't use my favorite movie
> player, mplayer.
> Here is my command line:
> $ mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /media/APOCALYPSE_NOW_REDUX/ -alang en
>
> Here are some of the messages:
> a52: CRC check failed!
> a52: error at resampling
>
> Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8243885 bytes).
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
>

> Can you help me?
> _

When I installed Fedora 8 I thought it was really cool that it came with
mplayer so I used it.  It wouldn't play DVDs.  Instead of spending time
figuring out what codecs or whatever were missing, I downloaded and
installed another copy and it worked fine.

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.