[MPlayer-users] MEncoder: How to encode a CBR MPEG2 Transport Stream?

taipan forums.taipan67 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 25 17:42:04 CET 2008

Charles philip Chan wrote:
> vdmsss <vdm_sss at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> On the other hand, to have to scroll down hundreds and hundreds of
>> lines you have read just 3 secs earlier in the previous message before
>> you can get to the point of the current one, can be very boring and
>> time consuming.
>
> I agree. However, one is suppose to trim. The preferred format is
> actually calling interleave posting and it goes like this:
>
> ,----[ Example of Interleave Posting ]
> | > relevant excerpt 1
> |
> | response to excerpt
> |
> | > relevant excerpt 2
> |
> | response to excerpt
> |
> | > relevant excerpt 3
> |
> | response to excerpt
> |
> | or for short messages like this:
> |

> | > entire message
> |
> | response to message
> `----
>
> Charles

I totally agree with this method (even though i feel bad about keeping
the thread OFF-TOPIC).

Top-posting might be navigable on a phpBB-driven *forum*, viewed in a
web-browser, but for *mailing-lists* (like this one), viewed in a
mail-client, it's extremely tedious.

That being said, i subscribe to a lot of lists, & they all have a common
failing which would be nice to resolve...

I wish that when you <snip> the message you're replying to, it didn't
jump to the
next line (like this) if you made your <snip> at any point other than
the start of a line - dynamic word-wrapping in the quoted text would be
much better. :)

Just my pet peev. ;)

taipan