[MPlayer-users] MEncoder: How to encode a CBR MPEG2TransportStream?

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Thu Jan 24 23:36:32 CET 2008

Il Thursday 24 January 2008 23:27:43 Phil Rhodes ha scritto:
> > something that is not your business
>
> Then don't post it to the list.

I find very original reading that users that don't contribute a single
line of code to mplayer believe to have the right to tell
a developer how to behave. Additionally, as I wrote,
it's not your business

> I've been using email for over ten years and I've never even
> -heard- of "top posting". Can I rest assured that it's one of those
> things that seriously irritates Linux geeks with 1970s software,
> and which I should therefore do at every opportunity?

how many times do I have to repeat that the no-top-porsing
rule was established to keep the ML archive clean and readable
over the course of the year?
And for the chronicle: I don't use software of the 70s: I use KDE and
Kmail on a 19" screen, so I don't have space restrictions,
yet I still find hideous reading top-posted messages, especially
when written by people that try to rediscuss established rules.