[MPlayer-users] Trouble with -identify -frames 1 and audio files

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Sun Jan 20 11:06:59 CET 2008

RC schrieb:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:55:37 +0100
> Sebastian Kemper <sebastian_ml at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> When I run the above command on an MP3 file mplayer plays it
>> instead of quitting after 1 frame.
>
> Try adding -ac null or similar.

Hello RC,

thanks for your input!
-ac null prevents audio playback successfully but then -identify doesn't
show enough audio properties. In my script I also check ID_AUDIO_NCH and
ID_AUDIO_CODEC to make sure the files have an audio track. I should have
mentioned that earlier.

Yesterday I ended up using mplayer -endpos .1 -vo null -ao null -frames
1 -identify "${1}" in the script following Reimar's suggestions.

Regards
Sebastian