[MPlayer-users] Help w/ compiling source

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 20 10:16:37 CET 2008

Hello,
On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 12:54:11AM -0500, Richard Geddes wrote:
> I wanted to include pulseaudio and jack support.   Figured out I needed
> the dev packages (I'm using Ubuntu 7.10) for jack and PA, and installed
> them.  Configure found the dev files and included the correct options.
>
> The result of my compilation is that I can get audio, but the video is
> not there.  When I run as non-root mplayer outputs a few of these messages

> [radeon] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [rage128] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [savage_vid] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted

My guess: over all that adding support for jack and PA stuff you forgot
that you'd also like your MPlayer to support X and forgot to install
some of the headers/dev packages for that...
Always check if the summary at the end of configure has the things you
need, especially xv for video out, alsa for audio out etc.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger