[MPlayer-users] Curves [Using OpenGL]

galenz at zinkconsulting.com galenz at zinkconsulting.com
Tue Jan 15 16:13:23 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 6:46 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hello,
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 05:15:39AM -0800, galenz at zinkconsulting.com
> wrote:
> [...]
>> Is there any way to apply a curve to video images? I have already
>> prepared Photoshop curve presets I like, so I understand what I want
>> to do. I simply don't know how to do it to the video stream as a
>> filter.
>
> AFAIK only "normal" gamma (i.e. with one variable) is supported.
> Though maybe you can use -vo gl with the cumtomtex option as described
> in the man page (though with very little detail).
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

Right, I do know I need more than just straight gamma correction.

Does anybody have examples of these files? Any means of converting
from any format I could graphically edit/apply? (e.g. photoshop gamma
curve presets or something)

This is a neat function. I will have to see about enabling OpenGL
output under Mac OS X when I build. It isn't enabled by default for a
reason I have yet to investigate.

Also, I am intrigued by the customprog option - is there a chance I
could get unsharp mask happening in the OpenGL layer?

-Galen