[MPlayer-users] Playback glitches

mikey abc.mikey at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:11:50 CET 2008

HI,

I'm experiencing some playback glitching on scenes where there is
plenty of movement on my AMD dual core 4800 with NVIDIA GeForce 8600
GTS.

(http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=56338&d=1200261496)

I'm trying to track down the problem and would appreciate some advice.
I'm running Ubuntu and use  compiz ontop of XFCE.

I've tried patching the SVN with this patch
(http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=45778&d=1191951276)
without any real improvement to this flicker.

Thanks for your help,

Mikey

P.S. Could someone point me in the direction of a working patch for
the SVN to disable the gnome screensaver  during play?