[MPlayer-users] FYI, mplayer with Fedora 8

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Jan 14 17:21:40 CET 2008

On Monday, 14 January 2008 at 15:01, Jack Smith wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2008 8:45 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> >

> > > Well, I went into the Add/Remove software and it was there.  This was
> > after
> > > a complete re-install of Fedora.
> >
> > That's impossible unless you manually added the livna repo to your yum
> > configuration. Fedora doesn't have MPlayer in its official repositories.
>
> I don't remember doing that, but maybe it was a question during the install.

There is indeed an option to add additional repositories during installation,
but you must type the URLs to their repo files manually.

> > > Giant flashing pixels and choppy sound when playing DVDs.  Worked
> > > perfectly with AVIs and MKVs.
> >
> > Most probably you didn't install libdvdcss then.
>
> Possible.  I let Add/Remove check out the dependancies and that might not
> have been an official dependancy.  Probably wouldn't be.

Well, libdvdcss is a soft dependency. I.e. DVD access code can work without it,
it just won't be able to read encrypted DVDs.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://mplayerhq.hu http://rpm.livna.org