[MPlayer-users] how to give input at runtime

amit bag amit.bangalore07 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 10 12:30:45 CET 2008

Hi All,
           I am using the mplayer to play the video files .I call the mplayer.exe through the system call in a c program like

         system("mplayer.exe -input file=fifo <video filename>");

  This play the file and take the input from the FIFO file at the time of start the play back .But I want to give the input in the run time at the time of playing the file.If I want to pause the playback after 10seconds then how I do that .If I write the pause in the FIFO file which is used for input file .It take it at the start and pause the playback at the beginning .If  I write the pause 10 seconds of playback in the fifo file mplayer not respond to it .
  Can any one tell me how to give the mplayer the input command through the input file at run time .
  Thanks in advance .

Regards
Amit Kumar Bag