[MPlayer-users] Windows Codec

Marcelo N. Boufleur marcelo at casablancaonline.com.br
Wed Jan 9 15:05:29 CET 2008

Hi, I use a Matrox Axio system to record some videos using Adobe
Premiere. All captured videos are in AVI format using Matrox's own
codec. Now, I read the MPlayer docs regarding VFW codecs implementation
in MPlayer, but I just can't get it to work. In Graphedit, the only
referenced file I can find that connects to all Matrox codecs is the
qcap.dll file. I know the FourCC codes for all of them (and using
VirtualDub can show me that), but I don't know how to relate all this
information with MPlayer, or with the Graphedit information.
You can check these two links below that show Graphedit screenshots.

http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/Boufleur/Axio_graphedit_01.png
http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/Boufleur/Axio_graphedit_02.png

So the actual information of the Axio codecs is located in the "Video
Compressors" section, and they are identified as "Uses Compression
Manager (ACM/ICM)".

So, is there a better way to implement these codecs in MPlayer? Would
the installer file be of any use?