[MPlayer-users] Playing FLV: A/V delay

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 23:29:24 CET 2008

Kilian Evang wrote:

> Kilian
>
> Am Dienstag, den 08.01.2008, 06:39 -0500 schrieb The Wanderer:
>
>> Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>>> The right way should be to use -correct-pts and should work
>>> almost always.
>>
>> Noted. I'll try that on a couple of archived files (at a time of
>> day less likely to disturb the sleeping) and report if it doesn't
>> work.

As it happens, all of the files I have been able to find in my archive
which I remember having significant desync (up to two seconds in one
case IIRC) are playing quite well both with and without -correct-pts.
Perhaps MPlayer itself has been fixed since I last tried playing them.

> Hi guys,
>
> thanks for your tips. In my case, -correct-pts doesn't do anything.
> -delay -2 works for the first few seconds, but then the video delay
> increases again.

Please don't top-post. I've fixed the quoting by hand for this message,
but it's annoying to do that on anything like a regular basis.

In cases where the A/V desync changes over the course of playback, there
are two usual possible causes: too-slow hardware (and/or VO, etc.), or
incorrect FPS.

What does MPlayer say the FPS of your file is?

Have you tried passing different values to the -fps option and seeing if
any of them make the problem less severe?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.