[MPlayer-users] DVB stream including LATM AAC Audio issues

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Thu Jan 3 21:19:02 CET 2008

Sorry about the resend. I keep trying post from the wrong email address

> Il Wednesday 02 January 2008 22:16:31 hai scritto:
>
>> One of the guys on the NZ MythTV mailing list found the following RFC
that might be useful

>> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3016.txt
>
> not useful

Yes after having a read I realised this

>> I've also uploaded 3 one minute sample files to incoming at around 35Mb
each. tv6.ts
>> tv7.ts
>> sport.ts
>
> thanks
>

>> These are all H.264 video with AAC audio. Note that the video
>> currently won't play back as it requires spatial direct to be
>> implemented.
>>
>> It might also be worth taking a look at this tread about the
>> Norwegian setup
>>
>> http://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=23347&st=0
>>
>> It appears they have come up with a DLL wrapper for faad2 that
>> allows play back and might be willing to open source their code. Their
wrapper has been confirmed to work with the Norway and NZ samples.

>> Steve
>
> good, now we just have to wait that the guy release his changes to
libfaad2 (he can't avoid it: faad is gpl) .
> In case he "forgets" it, please remind him the license terms

The problem is that they didn't modify the faad code. They wrote a dll
wrapper that loads the faad2 dll on windows that can be downloaded from
here - http://www.rarewares.org/aac-decoders.php

Steve