[MPlayer-users] Some issues in FLV encoding

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Tue Feb 26 16:17:51 CET 2008

John Brown wrote:

> I build my own. I can send you a link using yousendit.com. You should set
> up your computer so that you can do it yourself. It is very tiresome, but
> you only have to do it once.

I've tried to build it using Mingw. After a long way of libraries
installations I've got EXE files, though log file had many errors like
"blablabla not found or something like that".. Nevertheless my build of
MEncoder works, but I'm not sure if it really works correctly or not.
Therefore I use either RC or other SVN builds, mentioned at the MPlayer
website.

If I could download _full_ set of _working_ libraries from any single
location to build
MPLayer/MEncoder from SVN, I'd be just happy. I have in mind to download it
all from anybody who really uses them to build from SVN.

> Just send enough so that the problem can be reproduced. I have given as
> much
> help as I can though. Maybe my test was too short.

I've discovered that not every MOV file could be used partially. I need to
set "Optimize for Internet streaming" checkbox in iMovie to create MOV file
whose initial stub can be used with MEncoder. Otherwise MOV header is
located near to the end of file, and MEncoder can't locate it within the
stub. So, I've created such "suitable" MOV file, then have cut first 10
MBytes off and used this stub for test.

So, my test stuff is located here:

Source MOV file stub:
http://bokovikov/com/mplayer/audiobug/wh2c.7z
(Size: 8, 270,740)

MEncoder executables for three versions
(RC1, RC2 and SVN-r25962-4.2.3)
http://bokovikov/com/mplayer/audiobug/mencoder-exe.7z
(Size: 7,951,749)

Command lines for three cases:
http://bokovikov/com/mplayer/audiobug/mencoder-cmd.7z
(Size: 414)

MEncoder outputs for these cases:
http://bokovikov/com/mplayer/audiobug/mencoder-output.7z
(Size: 363,194)

Resulting MP3's with CBR:
http://bokovikov/com/mplayer/audiobug/mp3-cbr.7z
(Size: 1,649,476)

Resulting MP3's with ABR:
http://bokovikov/com/mplayer/audiobug/mp3-abr.7z
(Size: 1,625,138)

As a result we have:

CBR:    RC1 - OK    RC2 - OK    SVN - ERR

ABR:    RC1 - OK    RC2 - ERR    SVN - ERR

Could anybody check it all and reproduce my error situation?

Thanks.