[MPlayer-users] dxr3: playing back mpeg2 telecine/interlaced movies

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Tue Feb 19 17:53:40 CET 2008

O/H Costa Tsaousis έγραψε:
> O/H Rich Felker έγραψε:
>
>> Try the -lavcopts top=... option (see the man page).
>>
>> Rich
>>

> Rich, is this an encoding or a playback option?
>
> Costa

It seems it is an encoding option.
I managed to get the expected results with -vf phase=t for playback.
However, this decodes and re-encodes the video (dxr3 accepts MPEG2
encoded video only) which is not a option.

I tried playing back the original DVDs and found that these do not have
the issue. So it must be the encoding method used. I  tried several
encoding filters and decided to go with pullup,softskip,yadif. This
seems to produce good results.

Thanks

Costa