[MPlayer-users] command for know length of video files

Wesley S. wesley at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 19 01:55:20 CET 2008

2008/2/19, Pierpaolo Gullˆa <airteknology at gmail.com>:

> Thansk for your help Wesley , it works but i'm using maplyer via ssh ,
> and the output it's ok , but maplyer try to play the files in the remote
> server , and i must to kill mplayer after this option.
>
> How I can use the identify command without playing of file?

That's what the "-ao null -vo null -frames 0" options are for.

-ao and -vo null tell mplayer not to use an audio or video output and
-frames 0 tells mplayer not to play any frame
so mplayer should just exit after reading out what you want.

--
Wesley Stessens <wesley at ubuntu.com>
Human Knowledge Belongs To The World - Antitrust (2001)