[MPlayer-users] Strange MPlayer behavior when playing on TV

Marcin Zajączkowski mszpak at wp.pl
Sat Feb 16 14:19:44 CET 2008

Hi,

MPlayer works strange with X-server (only) started on TV. It shows the
first frame (or some from the begin of movie) and stops. When
paused/resumed it plays a few frames and stops again. The same when
forwarded.

I happens on Fedora 8. I have no problem with it on Fedora 5. I use the
same config for nvidia tv-out in Xorg and the same script to play
mplayer. I have even tried start it from xterm started on TV - the same.
It have tried many different video drivers (standard, xv, sdl, gl, even
caca!). All the same. It works normal on my monitor, but not on my TV.
Suspending Xorg problem I have checked Totem and VLC and they work fine.

I use mplayer 1.0-rc2 (RPM 1.0-0.90.rc2 by Dominik Mierzejewski from
livna.org), X Window System Version 1.3.0 (xorg-x11-server
1.3.0.0-40.fc8) and legacy nvidia binary driver (packaged by livna) -
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-legacy-71.86.01-4.lvn8.1 (I have GeForce 2 Ti
graphic card).

I don't know if it's a problem with mplayer, but maybe you know what
could be a reason (and maybe in addition how it could be fixed)?

Thanks
Marcin