[MPlayer-users] Mplayer does not link on Mac OS X

vmrsss vmrsss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:13:22 CET 2008

On 14 Feb 2008, at 06:53, Hahma, Arno Patrik wrote:
> When I try to compile latest mplayer, the following results:
>
> ork,ApplicationServices -lfontconfig  -lz     -lm
> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning multiple
> definitions of symbol _LoadResource
> loader/libloader.a(resource.o) definition of _LoadResource in
> section (__TEXT,__text)
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/
> Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/
> CarbonCore(ProjectBuilderMasterObjectFile.o) definition of
> _LoadResource
> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder
> _FT_Request_Size
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
> zsh: 23056 exit 2     make

Trace all the versions of freetype2 you have on your system, and make
sure the header files for compilation *and* the libraries for linking
are taken from the *same* version. Best guess is to install the
lateste release you can find in /usr/local/lib and tune your paths so
that it is picked

If you on Leopard, then you must add

-framework Cocoa -framework QuartzCore -dylib_f
ile /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/
libGL.dylib:/S
ystem/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/
libGL.dylib -L/usr/X
11/lib

to your LDFLAGS before running ./configure.