[MPlayer-users] Problem with multiple mplayer in the same pipe

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Tue Feb 12 09:45:37 CET 2008

> I am not sure what I am supposed to see other than the wave data in
> binary. crap works. in fact, as i said in the first post (and as I
> tried just now) by doing

what you're overlooking is all the mplayer stdout (including constant status
line updates) that's getting into that crap file beside the audio stream.
the file may be partially playable under certain conditions, and not in
others.

adding -really-quiet should help, as it turns off all (in theory) of
the stdout that mplayer normally generates so that you may use stdout
for your own purposes.

you could also use named pipes I suppose.